55 Powerful Short Quotes. Quotes are very powerful. On the surface, they are just a bunch of words but when you ponder over them they reveal powerful ideas that resonate with your very core. I mean someone did “quote” these words for a reason :).
Personally, one of the biggest reasons why I love quotes is because of how relatable they can be. Quotes tend to be simplistic and easy to remember and they echo what is in our hearts. Plus I think quotes are very effective to better yourself because they help your mind focus on particular topics at a time. Unlike other literary tools quotes, and short quotes, in particular, give you the ability to concentrate on one idea with no outside distractions.
So whether it’s for self-motivation, your next t-shirt design, or simply for your Instagram bio, this collection of short quotes is full of powerful ideas packed into tiny little packages of words. They have made a profound positive impact in my life and I’m sure they will make one in yours as well.
55 Powerful Short Quotes
Here are 55 of my favorite short quotes for you to read, remember, and retell:
- Never let your emotions overpower your intelligence. – Drake
- Nothing lasts forever but at least we got these memories. – J. Cole
- Don’t you know your imperfections is a blessing? – Kendrick Lamar
- Reality is wrong, dreams are for real. – Tupac
- To live will be an awfully big adventure. – Peter Pan
- Try to be a rainbow in someone’s cloud. – Maya Angelou
- There is no substitute for hard work. – Thomas Edison
- What consumes your mind controls your life- Unknown
- Strive for greatness. – Lebron Jame
- Wanting to be someone else is a waste of who you are. – Kurt Cobain
- And still, I rise. – Maya Angelou
- The time is always right to do what is right. – Martin Luther King Jr.
- Let the beauty of what you love be what you do. – Rumi
- May your choices reflect your hopes, not your fears. – Nelson Mandela
- Determine your priorities and focus on them. – Eileen McDargh
- Be so good they can’t ignore you. – Steve Martin
- Dream as if you’ll live forever, live as if you’ll die today. – James Dean
- Yesterday you said tomorrow. Just do it. – Nike
- I don’t need it to be easy, I need it to be worth it. – Lil Wayne
- Love For All, Hatred For None. – Khalifatul Masih
- Change the world by being yourself. – Amy Poehler
- Every moment is a fresh beginning. – T.S Eliot
- Never regret anything that made you smile. – Mark Twain
- Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown
- Aspire to inspire before we expire. – Unknown
- Everything you can imagine is real. – Pablo Picasso
- Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
- Whatever you do, do it well. – Walt Disney
- What we think, we become. – Buddha
You can see more amazing pictures on unsplash
- All limitations are self-imposed. – Oliver Wendell Holmes
- Tough times never last but tough people do. – Robert H. Schiuller
- Problems are not stop signs, they are guidelines. – Robert H. Schiuller
- One day the people that don’t even believe in you will tell everyone how they met you. – Johnny Depp
- If I’m gonna tell a real story, I’m gonna start with my name. – Kendrick Lamar
- If you tell the truth you don’t have to remember anything. – Mark Twain
- Have enough courage to start and enough heart to finish. – Jessica N. S. Yourko
- Hate comes from intimidation, love comes from appreciation. – Tyga
- I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong. – Harvey Specter
- Oh, the things you can find, if you don’t stay behind. – Dr. Seuss
- A happy soul is the best shield for a cruel world. – Atticus
- White is not always light and black is not always dark. – Habeeb Akande
- Life becomes easier when you learn to accept the apology you never got. – R. Brault
- Happiness depends upon ourselves. – Aristotle
- Turn your wounds into wisdom. – Oprah Winfrey
- Change the game, don’t let the game change you. – Macklemore
- It hurt because it mattered. – John Green
- If the world was blind how many people would you impress? – Boonaa Mohammed
- I will remember and recover, not forgive and forget. – Unknown
- The meaning of life is to give life meaning. – Ken Hudgins
- The true meaning of life is to plant trees, under whose shade you do not expect to sit. – Nelson Henderson
- When words fail, music speaks. – Shakespeare
- Embrace the glorious mess that you are. – Elizabeth Gilbert
- Normality is a paved road: it’s comfortable to walk but no flowers grow. – Vincent van Gogh
- I have nothing to lose but something to gain. – Eminem
Life is a journey that is meant to be embraced to the fullest every day. However, that doesn’t mean you always wake up ready to seize the day, and sometimes need a reminder that life is a great gift. Whether a funny quote from your favorite celebrity or an encouraging message about giving it your best from a successful business person, we can all use a little motivation and inspiration once these days via a life quote.
- Change your thoughts and you change your world.
- Three things in life – your health, your mission, and the people you love. That’s it.
- Life is from the inside out. When you shift on the inside, life shifts on the outside.
- Those who realize their folly are not true fools.
- Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
- Keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the ground.
- It’s better to be a lion for a day than a sheep all your life.
- Life is a question and how we live it is our answer.
- Difficult and meaningful will always bring more satisfaction than easy and meaningless.
- Keep looking up… that’s the secret of life.
- It always seems impossible until it’s done.
- Life is too important to be taken seriously.
- Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
- Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re going to get.
- Life isn’t a matter of milestones, but of moments.
If you liked these 55 Powerful Short Quotes & Sayings About Life, take a look at 50 Positive Quotes and Messages